MACo offers many ways to save counties money.
Endorsement Program Partners
MACo partners with organizations who can offer discounted, in-demand services to county governments.
- Center for Internet Security - security assessment and consulting services to help organizations identify critical system weaknesses with a customized plan designed to meet unique cybersecurity needs
- eConnectDirect - gives county treasurers visibility to thousands of fixed-income offerings in a market with little transparency, arming investors with the necessary tools and confidence to select and transact with the fixed-income marketplace
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions - 457(b), 401(a), and Post-Employment Health Plans - comprehensive services incorporating investment, education, and administrative service solution for governmental employers
- NACo Live Healthy - Prescription - Health - Dental Discount Card Program - provides a free prescription discount card for NACo member counties to offer to their residents.
- NACo U.S. Communities Cooperative Purchasing Alliance - a broad line of competitively solicited contracts with national suppliers that have committed to providing their lowest overall public agency pricing
Facilitated County Trusts
MACo has also sponsored or facilitated trusts to meet the unique long-term funding needs of Maryland county governments:
- Landfill Closure Investment Trust - MACo is currently working with interested county governments, to develop an Investment Trust to serve their long-term financial needs in managing assets set aside for landfill closures, a notoriously expensive process (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Local Government Insurance Trust (LGIT) - A non-profit Trust created, owned and governed by Maryland local governments and endorsed by MACo to provide various liability and property insurance and health benefits coverages
- OPEB Trust - A vehicle designed to help local governments invest current funds toward future obligations for retiree health insurance, a.k.a. “other post-employment benefits”