During the Maryland General Assembly, MACo often calls upon its members to speak with a legislator regarding a particular bill. The MACo Legislative Action Network is MACo's grassroots effort to match county officials with Maryland Senators and Delegates to increase communication about legislation impacting county government. During Session, Legislative Action Alerts are sent via email when a vote on a specific bill is crucial. The alert will provide a brief overview of the legislation, MACo's position, and talking points.
MACo encourages members to participate in the network. For more information on becoming involved, please email Robin Clark.
MACo's grassroots effort to improve communication with legislators on legislation affecting county government.
- Help Save Our Good Body Camera Bill
- SB 263 - Support Fair Compensation for State-Owned Lands
- A Bill to Allow Collective Bargaining at All Community Colleges is Advancing
- Keep County Road Funding Alive! - Contact Your Delegates
- Help Save Body Cameras - Contact Your Legislators
- Contact House Judiciary Members to Vote NO on House Bill 113
- Contact House Judiciary Members to Vote YES on House Bills 368 & 898
- Don't Shift Pretrial Costs onto Counties, Who Can't Control Them
- Contact House & Transportation Member to Vote for a Sunset on SB 370's Local Preemption of Drone Regulations
- Contact Senate Members to Vote NO on HB 113 - Local Government Tort Claims Act