MACo offers many ways to save counties money.
Endorsement Program Partners
MACo partners with organizations who can offer discounted, in-demand services to county governments.
- American Fidelity - offers full term life insurance and supplemental benefits and assists Maryland public sector employers with managing the increasing costs, complexities, and time requirements related to employee benefit administration
- cashVest by three+one® - is a financial technology organization helping counties leverage new data capabilities to maximize the value of all financial resources using the power of liquidity analysis. cashVest complements current public finance practices and, because three+one is neither a bank, registered investment advisor, or financial advisor, it provides the confidence that your entity is receiving independent, unbiased data from a third-party FinTech provider.
- Nationwide Retirement Solutions - 457(b), 401(a), and Post-Employment Health Plans - comprehensive services incorporating investment, education, and administrative service solution for governmental employers
- NACo Live Healthy - Prescription - Health - Dental Discount Card Program - provides a free prescription discount card for NACo member counties to offer to their residents.
Facilitated County Trusts
MACo has also sponsored or facilitated trusts to meet the unique long-term funding needs of Maryland county governments:
- Local Government Insurance Trust (LGIT) - A non-profit Trust created, owned and governed by Maryland local governments and endorsed by MACo to provide various liability and property insurance coverages
- OPEB Trust - A vehicle designed to help local governments invest current funds toward future obligations for retiree health insurance, a.k.a. “other post-employment benefits”