Budget & Finance
This page contains key State budget and finance information of interest to county government. It provides access to State budget documents, relevant task force materials, surveys of county interest, county finance and demographic information, and budget and finance news found on our Conduit Street blog.
Conduit Street Blog
- Conduit Street blog - Search the most recent budget and finance items using the following key search terms: County Budgets and State Budget & Fiscal Issues.
State Budget Documents
- State budget documents - Locate sections of the State budget that affect county government by upcoming, current and prior fiscal years.
Task Forces, Commission, and Workgroups of County Interest
Access Task Force materials and final reports
- 21st Century School Facilities Commission (2016)
- Maryland Communications Tax Reform Commission
- Indemnity Deeds of Trust (IDOT) Work Group Final Report (PDF)
- Public Employees' and Retirees' Benefit Sustainability Commission - Final Report (PDF)
County Finance and Demographic Information
Locate budget, demographic, tax rate and revenue information affecting local governments
- Local Government Finances
- Overview of Maryland Local Governments
- County Revenue Outlook
- Tax Capacity and Effort
- Department of Legislative Services - State Aid Reports
- Homestead Credit Percentages by County
- Assessable Base Estimates
- Local Income Tax Distribution and Tax Data
Surveys of County Interest
Access surveys that have been compiled at the request of MACo or county budget and finance officers
- Tax Software Collection Programs Used by Maryland Counties (PDF)
- Building Permit Software Programs Used by Maryland Counties (PDF)
Department of Legislative Services - Legislative Handbooks
Not finding what you seek?
To suggest another resource to be added to this list, email Robin Clark Eilenberg.