Education & Labor
This page contains information on the topics of education and labor that relate to Maryland’s counties. It provides access to State government documents, relevant task force materials, surveys, and education and labor news from MACo’s blog, Conduit Street.
Conduit Street Blog
- K-12 Funding Consultants: Spend $2.6B More, Huge Winners/Losers
- Q&A: Keeping Up with School Construction
Read our Fall 2012 Pension Blog Series
Education Budget Resources
Task Forces of County Interest
Access Task Force materials and final reports.
- (Kirwan) Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education
- Study of Adequacy of Funding for Education in the State of Maryland (2017)
- 21st Century School Facilities Commission (2016)
- (Thornton) Commission on Education, Finance, Equity and Excellence Final Report
- Prevailing Wage Task Force
- Public Employees’ and Retirees’ Benefit Sustainability Commission and Final Report
Employment and Economic Data
Locate employment and economic data relating to Maryland counties.
- Impact of the Federal Government on Maryland’s Economy, Department of Legislative Services, Office of Policy Analysis January 2010 (PDF)
- Career and Workforce Information from the Department of Labor
- Maryland and County Employment Data from the Department of Labor
- Facts & Stats from the Department of Commerce
Public School Construction
Find information on public school construction capital project funding and special grant programs.
- Public School Construction Program
- Capital Debt Affordability Committee
- Spending Affordability Committee
Maryland State Department of Education
Each year, the Maryland State Department of Education Office of Finance provides a statistical handbook including student demographic data, staff and salary data, assessment results, financial data and statistics.
Department of Legislative Services – Legislative Handbooks
Not finding what you seek?
To suggest another resource to be added to this list, contact MACo at 410.269.0043.